I love eating all kinds of berries during summer. They give a a balanced taste of sweetness with a unique freshness. I love them even more if they are turned into a cool, delicious cheesecake 🙂 Today, I made a light and nutritious cheesecake with blueberries and strawberries. As usual, it’s raw, with no refined sugar. This is an amazing vegan dessert that will satisfy your taste buds. It takes 15-20 minutes to prepare. Then, it needs to sit in the freezer for a few hours. Trust me, it’s worth the wait! It is a perfect summer day dessert.
Before further a due, here is the simple recipe. I included links to some of the products for your convenience. These are affiliate links. If a purchase is made through these links, I get paid a commission, at no extra cost to the reader.
- ½ cup almonds
- ⅔ cup pitted dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine all the crust ingredients in a high speed food processor and make a sticky dough by pulsing often and scraping down the sides if needed. I use Ninja Mega Kitchen System as my high speed food processor. It's very efficient and versatile.
- Place the dough on a square pan, preferably 6" to 9".
- Press down the dough to make sure it's thoroughly and evenly distributed on the pan.
- Blend all the filling ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the crust. Level it out with the back of a spoon to make sure it's spread thoroughly and evenly.
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer for a few hours before serving.
Voila! I hope you enjoy this cool freshness as much as I did on a hot summer day.