The other day, I read that celery roots have very good antiseptic and calming properties. So, I turned them into a delicious home cooked meal that I served along with rice.
Here are the ingredients:
– 1 large celery root
– 2 medium sized potatoes
– 2 carrots
– 1 yellow onion
– 3 cloves garlic
– Olive Oil
– Salt & Black Pepper
– 1 Lemon
– 1/2 table spoon white flour
– 2 cups hot water
– Peel the celery root and the potatoes, chop into small cubes. Add them in a medium size pot.
– Peel the carrots, chop into 1/2 inch pieces, add to the pot.
– Finely chop the onions & garlic, add to the pot.
– Add salt & black pepper to taste.
– Drizzle 7-8 tablespoons of olive oil into the pot.
– Leave the pot on low heat for 5 minutes.
– Meanwhile; in a cup, add the flour, lemon juice and hot water. Stir thoroughly. Add the mixture to the pot, cover it and cook on medium-low heat until the celery root and the potatoes are soft.
Serve it by itself or along with rice or pasta. Voila! I hope you enjoy it.