Needed some mid-week motivation with something sweet. I don’t know you guys but eating anything with chocolate makes me super happy and calm. So, I made this delicious layer cake which was very practical. Of course, I only used healthier ingredients and refrained from refined sugar and white flour. This vegan, gluten-free beauty tastes so good, it actually reminds me of Twix bars, but tastier and much healthier.
The recipe produces around 16 pieces and I managed to go through 4 pieces already 🙂 I’m sure, it will even taste better the next day. The prep is very simple, but again with most of my other desserts, it needs to sit in the fridge for a while to set.
Below is the recipe. I included links to some of the products for your convenience. These are affiliate links. If a purchase is made through these links, I get paid a commission, at no extra cost to the reader.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a square pan at around 8"x8".
- Combine all the ingredients for the crust in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Press the dough in the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once it's off the oven, let it cool completely before adding the filling.
- Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan, heat until all the ingredients are melted. Make sure they are mixed well.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Let it set in the fridge for about 30 minutes before adding the chocolate topping.
- Mix all the ingredients for the chocolate filling in a small bowl.
- Pour the topping evenly over the filling.
- Let the cake set in the fridge for another 45 minutes before serving.
Voila! I hope you enjoy these little treats as much as I did.