I had a crazy chocolate craving this Memorial Day and since the weather has been cloudy and rainy, we decided to spend the day at home. So, I had the opportunity to satisfy my craving by making a chocolate cheesecake. It’s unbaked and flour-less. These days, I’m into making raw desserts with no added sugar. So, they are guilt free and actually healthy since they mostly include nuts, dates and coconut oil.
Today’s dessert is rich in cacao and not too sweet. I thought the bitterness of raw cacao gave a nice edge to the cheesecake, but of course, depending on your taste buds you could make it sweeter.
Here are the ingredients for the crust:
– 1 cup walnuts
– 8 pitted dates
– 1/2 cup cacao powder
– 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
– 2 teaspoons water
Ingredients for the chocolate filling:
– 2 cups cashews
– 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid)
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
– 1/2 cup water
– 3/4 cup cacao powder
– 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
Directions for the crust:
– Place all ingredients in a high speed food processor. The crust should slightly stick together. For all my raw desserts, and morning smoothies, I use Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) (this’s an affiliate link which means I get paid a commission on purchases made through this link, at no extra cost to the reader). It’s a life saver. It’s super powerful and I’ve never seen anything that is as efficient as this one.
– Scoop the crust on a pan, press the crust with your fingers to place it firmly on the pan.
– Set the pan aside for a while.
Directions for the chocolate filling:
– Place the cashews, maple syrup, vanilla and the water in the food processor. Process until it gets creamy.
– Add the rest of the ingredients and keep processing. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times. Keep processing until smooth.
– Scoop the chocolate filling evenly on the crust.
– Place it in your freezer for around 2 hours to set.
– For the topping, I added some chopped walnuts.
Voila! It’s rich, delicious and guilt-free. Enjoy.