Such a lovely day to be outdoors to enjoy the nature with my favorite book. To complement this relaxing afternoon, I thought I needed a chocolate mousse right off the fridge with fresh strawberries. It took me 5 minutes to prepare this beauty. And of course, it’s totally guilt free! Vegan, no refined sugar, no baking. Give it a try, I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Here is the recipe:
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup cashews (better if it's soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- ½ avocado
- Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth (see below for the blender I use).
- Pour in a glass or a mousse cup.
- Place it in the fridge for minimum 30 minutes.
- Top with the fruit of your choice. I topped with strawberries.
These are affiliate links which means I get commissions for the purchases made through these links, at no extra cost to the reader. I only recommend products that I truly believe in.
As high speed food processor, I use Ninja Mega Kitchen System. It’s very efficient and versatile. I do a lot of my cooking with this processor, especially raw desserts and smoothies.
Voila! I hope you enjoy this nutritious and practical dessert.