Hi everybody, today I made semi-sweet, delicious and nutritious chocolate quinoa balls. I can eat quinoa every day and I would not be bored. This new addition is a great way to eat quinoa while satisfying my sweet tooth. The preparation is very simple and took around 10 minutes. It turned out to be a delicious vegan option.
– 2 cups popped quinoa
– 2.5 tablespoons coconut oil (see below the brand I use)
– 1/2 cup cacao powder
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
– 1 tablespoon almond butter
– 2.5 tablespoon maple syrup
– To make the chocolate sauce, in a small pan, combine the coconut oil, cacao, cinnamon, vanilla powder and almond butter. Melt on low heat. Once melted, add the maple syrup and give it a good stir (if you like sweeter, you may add more maple syrup).
– Pour the chocolate sauce over the quinoa and mix thoroughly.
– Scoop them into silicone molds or small baking cups (see below the silicone mold I used).
– Place them in your freezer and leave at least 30 minutes to harden.
That’s it! Easy to prepare and very nutritious.
These are affiliate links which means I get commissions for the purchases made through these links, at no extra cost to the reader. I only recommend products that I truly believe in.
I hope you enjoy these little treats.