Today, I had a huge craving for pizza. My guess is, since I limit my bread intake to a minimum, the craving was actually for some carbs 🙂
I decided to try a homemade pizza with the ingredients I had at home. It came out so good, I decided to share it. It was super easy to make, and quite frankly, I thought it was better then a restaurant pizza (not greasy, guilt free and fresh)!
I used a lavash bread for the crust. I tried it with Joseph’s Flax Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Lavash Bread (this is an affiliate link which means I get paid a commission on purchases made through this link, at no extra cost to the reader). It is low calories, reduced carbs and delicious!
Here are the ingredients for the topping:
– 1 medium size yellow onion
– 1 large size tomato
– 1/2 bunch parsley
– 1 green pepper
– Jalapeno peppers (optional)
– Olive oil
– Salt, black pepper, sumac, cumin and dry mint for seasoning
– Finely chop the onion, tomato, pepper, jalapeno and parsley. Add them to a bowl
– Add the seasoning to taste and drizzle some olive oil. Mix it thoroughly
– Place 1 lavash bread in an oven pan (place a baking sheet under the lavash if needed)
– Distribute the topping on the lavash bread
– Preheat the oven at 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 30 minutes (you can adjust the cooking time as needed)
Voila! I haven’t tried, but I’m sure some black olives and red peppers would be great in the topping as well.
So simple and so delicious! I truly enjoyed mine, hopefully you will enjoy yours.