How would you like a lentil stew that is full of protein? And of course super yummy 🙂
This is a Mediterranean style green lentil dinner cooked with olive oil.
Here are the ingredients:
– 1 cup green lentil (washed and drained)
– 1/4 cup white rice
– 2 tablespoons bulgur (this is optional, i think it enhances the taste)
– 1 large onion
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– Salt, pepper, crushed red pepper for seasoning
– Finely chop the onion and garlic
– Place a medium size pot on low heat. Add the olive oil and the onions
– When the onions turn pink in color, add the chopped garlic and the tomato paste. Stir thoroughly
– Add the seasoning to taste
– Add the lentils, rice and bulgur
– Add 5 cups of water. Stir thoroughly
– Cover the pot and cook on medium-low heat until the lentils are tender
Please make sure to check the water level once in a while. Lentils absorb a lot of water. You may need to add more water if the lentils are still hard and the water level is too low.
Voila! I hope you enjoy it. It would be great along with a green salad.