Today, I made a nutritious lentil salad. It turned out very good, so I decided to share it. I actually made a large bowl. It will be part of our dinner tonight, and will be our lunch tomorrow.
Here are the ingredients:
– 1.5 cups of green lentil
– 1 large bunch flat parsley
– 1 bunch dill
– 6-7 scallions
– 4 radishes
– 1 small bunch fresh mint
– 3 small pickling cucumbers
– Olive oil
– Fresh lemon juice (around 2 lemons)
– Salt to taste
– Sumac – this is a great seasoning that goes very well with lentil. This is optional, if you don’t like the taste, you don’t have to add it. The salad will still be delicious.
Here are the directions:
– Cook the lentil in 3 cups of boiling water until tender. Let the lentils cool before adding to the salad
– Finely chop all the vegetables
– Add the lentils and the chopped vegatables to a bowl
– Add olive oil, lemon juice and the seasoning to taste
– Mix thoroughly. When serving, I put a few green lettuce leaves on the plate and then add the lentil salad on top. I also add a few black olives.
Voila! Great salad for spring, and it is full of protein.