Cauliflower has so many nutritional benefits, however, I never really enjoyed eating it. I tried cooked, raw, baked, but I still couldn’t really enjoy this nutritious vegetable. I recently discovered to make a wonderful salad out of it. The trick is to blend the cauliflower so it becomes fully granulated. Also, there is a trick to get rid off the smell. The result is such a tasty, healthy and low calorie salad.
Here is the simple recipe.
– 1 head cauliflower
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
– 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
– 1/2 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
– 2 small pickling cucumbers, finely chopped
– Olive oil
– Lemon juice
– Salt, sumac and red pepper for seasoning
– Cut the cauliflower in small pieces and blend until fully granulated (until it gets sand like texture)
– In a medium pan, add some olive oil and the tomato paste. Bring to medium-low heat, stir a few times.
– Add the granulated cauliflower and minced garlic. Stir for a few minutes. Make sure the tomato paste is equally absorbed by the cauliflower. Transfer to a medium bowl.
– Add the chopped parsley, mint, green onion and the cucumber.
– Add olive oil, lemon juice and the seasoning to taste.
– Mix thoroughly.
Voila! Simple, delicious, yet nutritious.