Today, I made a delicious eggplant entree. It is cooked in olive oil, dill and spices; it’s very light, yet nutritious and delicious. It’s quite easy to make as well. I hope you enjoy it.
– 3 medium size eggplants
– 1 large yellow onion
– 2 tomatoes
– 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1/2 bunch dill
– 2 cups olive oil
– Salt, black pepper and crushed red peppers to taste
– Peel the eggplants and cut them into 1/3″ inch circles
– Immediately, place the eggplants in a medium bowl filled with salty water (this will prevent the eggplants to darken in color)
– Finely chop the onions and the garlic
– In a medium pot, add the olive oil, chopped onions and garlic. Let it cook on low heat until the onions turn pink
– Meanwhile, shred the tomatoes
– Add the shredded tomatoes along with the tomato paste to the pot. Stir thoroughly
– Add the seasoning to taste
– Take the eggplants out of the water and add them to the pot
– Add 2 cups of water and cover the pot. Let it stay on low heat
– Finely chop the fresh dill and add it to the pot.
– Cover the pot and let it cook on medium heat until the eggplants are tender
Voila! You can try this recipe with zucchini as well (no need for the salty water though).