Today, I wanted to share my husband’s favorite dish. We often cook Mediterranean dishes since we are originally from that region. This green beans meal is very light like many other Mediterranean dishes, and of course healthy and full of nutrients.
I cook this with a stove top pressure cooker to save cooking time. I cook most of my beans and legumes in pressure cooker.
– 2 bags of green beans (snipped and washed, 12 oz bags)
– 1 cup olive oil
– 2 medium onions
– 3 large tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– 2 cloves garlic
– Salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper for seasoning
– Finely chop the onions
– Place the pressure cooker on low/medium heat. Add the olive oil and the chopped onions
– Grate the tomatoes in a bowl, add it to the pressure cooker when the onions turn pink
– Add the tomato paste and the seasoning to taste
– Finely chop the garlic, add to the cooker. Stir thoroughly
– Add the green beans and add some water that will be enough to cover the beans
– Cover the cooker and turn it on. It takes 20 minutes to cook the green beans on my pressure cooker. Check the manual of your pressure cooker for recommended cook time.
Voila! I hope you enjoy this as much as my husband does.