Do you eat kale every single day? I do! So, I get creative about how to incorporate it to my meals, I add it to my smoothie or juice, I make variety of salads, I make kale chips, warm bowls etc. Kale is very nutritious and I love eating it part of my plant based vegan diet.
This salad came out very good. Adding green lentils added a boosted nutrition and taste. But the real taste of this salad comes from its dressing. You can incorporate this dressing to variety of salads. With a little tweak, it might even become a nice dip.
Here is the recipe for the salad and the dressing:
- 3 cups kale
- ½ cup cooked green lentils
- 5 pearl tomatoes
- ½ avocado
- 3 green onions
- Olive oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ cup cashews (if you have a high speed blender, you don't need to soak the cashews. Otherwise, soak them overnight)
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1.5 lemon (you could adjust this based on your preference)
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor (see the end of the post on what I use as the high speed processor).
- Break the kale leaves into pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle a little olive oil and pink Himalayan salt. Message the kale to soften the leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add to the bowl.
- Add the cooked lentil.
- Chop the green onions and avocado, add to the bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss thoroughly.
These are affiliate links which means I get commissions for the purchases made through these links, at no extra cost to the reader. I only recommend products that I truly believe in.
I use Ninja Mega Kitchen System as my high speed food processor. It’s very efficient!
I always use Himalayan Pink Salt, it has numerous benefits compared to a regular table salt.
Voila! Simple, nutritious and delicious. Enjoy this light yet very fulfilling summer salad for lunch or dinner.