Since Spring is finally here (although doesn’t exactly feel like it on the East Coast), I wanted to make a nice, fresh salad for lunch. As a vegan, I eat a lot of vegetables throughout the day; this salad is full of good nutrients, and is super delicious.
Here are the ingredients for one person:
– spring mix (the amount depends on your choice, just have a nice base on your plate)
– two small radishes, finely chopped
– 2 scallions, finely chopped (you can include less or more depending on how much you like scallion)
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (I include parsley to almost all my salads, it’s detoxifying)
– 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped (this can be optional. I find that dill gives a fine edge of taste and smell to the salads)
– 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
– 1/4 of a package of firm tofu
– Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (this is an affiliate link which means I get paid a commission on purchases made through this link, at no extra cost to the reader). This sauce creates wonders on various dishes including salads.
– 1/2 fresh lemon juice
– 2 table spoons olive oil (or to taste)
– salt to taste – I always use the pink himalayan salt since it’s the most nutritious one.
– Toss the spring mix, radishes, scallions, parsley, dill and quinoa in a bowl. Of course make sure that you thoroughly washed your vegetables before chopping them.
– Add a tablespoon of olive oil in a small pan. Cut the tofu to bite size pieces. Throw the tofu in the pan and cook each side until darker.
– Add the cooked tofu, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and the sriracha sauce to your bowl.
– Give it a good thorough mix to make sure the sriracha, lemon juice and olive oil gets absorbed evenly by the rest of the ingredients.
I hope you enjoy it 🙂