Fall is here! Sadly, the summer is over with all the sun shine and the beach season. However, fall is not that bad since, to me, it’s the baking season 🙂 To celebrate a rainy, not so warm Friday, I decided to make a pie with fresh strawberries and chocolate. Of course, it’s vegan, refined sugar free and as usual, raw.
It takes around 10-15 minutes to prepare the pie. And since it’s raw, no need to wait for the baking. However, it needs to sit in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Here is the recipe. I included links to the ingredients for your convenience. These are affiliate links. If a purchase is made through these links, I get paid a commission, at no extra cost to the reader.
– 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
– 1/2 cup walnuts
– 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
– 10 pitted dates
– 2.5 cups strawberries (if you like, you can mix with other berries)
– 1/2 cocoa powder
– 1.5 cups raw cashews
– 1/3 cup melted organic coconut oil
– 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
– Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend.
– Taste the mixture and if needed, add more dates for sweetness.
– Pour the mixture on a pie pan and press with fingers to make sure it’s spread evenly.
– If not using a high speed food processor, soak the cashews for at least 4 hours in advance. If using a high speed food processor like I do, then there is no need to soak the cashews. I use Ninja Mega Kitchen System as my high speed food processor. It’s very efficient and versatile.
– Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
– Pour the filling over the crust and with the back of a spoon, spread evenly.
– Place the pie in the freezer for min. 2 hours before serving.
Voila! Simple, right? Let me know what you think.