Since it’s the season for summer squash, I found these round zucchinis at my local market the other day. Zucchini is an essential ingredient of my vegan diet. I stuff them, roast them, steam them. Of course, these zucchinis are perfect for stuffing. The zucchini is usually stuffed with rice, but I wanted to try something different. So, I stuffed them with quinoa instead. I had no idea if it would taste as good, and it turned out excellent!. Both my husband and I thought they tasted better than the rice option. And obviously, quinoa is much healthier than white rice.
Here is the recipe for this delicious entree.
– 6 round zucchinis
– 1 cup quinoa
– 1 large onion
– 1/2 bunch dill
– Pink Himalayan Salt, black pepper for seasoning (see end of the post for what I recommend on the Himalayan salt)
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cups hot water
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– Cut the top ends of zucchinis. With a small spoon, scoop out most of the flesh and the seeds in order to produce room for the stuffing.
– Finely chop the onions and the dill.
– In a bowl, mix the onions, dill, quinoa and the olive oil. Add seasoning to taste.
– Stuff the zucchinis with the mixture and arrange them in a pot.
– In a small bowl, mix 2 cups of hot water and the tomato paste. Pour the mix in the pot over the zucchinis.
– Bring the pot to medium heat and cook until the zucchinis are tender and make sure the quinoa is cooked.
Voila! It’s a perfect dish for summer. It also is full of nutrients that are essential for a healthy vegan lifestyle.
Recommended Product: I always use Pink Himalayan salt for cooking. Below is the one I use. The following is an affiliate link which means I get paid a commission on purchases made through this link, at no extra cost to the reader. I only recommend products that I truly believe in.