If it’s cold and rainy outside, I could bake the whole day. Just give me some cocoa and maple syrup, and let me enjoy myself 🙂 Today is one of these days. I tried a little different version of a warm vegan chocolate cake and it turned out amazing.
Here is the simple recipe. I included links to the ingredients for your convenience. These are affiliate links. If a purchase is made through these links, I get paid a commission, at no extra cost to the reader
– 1 tablespoon ground flex seed
– 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
– 1.5 cup all purpose flour
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 cup canola oil
– 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
– Mix ground flex seed and the coconut milk in a small cup. Set aside.
– Mix the cocoa, flour and baking powder in a cup. Set aside.
– Combine the maple syrup and the canola oil in a mixing bowl and beat thoroughly.
– Add the ground flex seed and the coconut milk mixture to the bowl.
– Add the dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix well until combined.
– Grease a pan and pour the cake mixture. Even out the mixture with the back of a spoon.
– Bake for 17 minutes (you may need to adjust the timing based on your oven).
– Serve with your favorite vegan ice cream.
Voila! Easy and delicious!