It’s no secret now that I love zucchini. I serve it a lot as dinner entree, but also it is a life saver when it comes to healthy vegan snacks. I do make zucchini chips a lot and put them in a plastic bag and carry around in my bag throughout the day. It is a great option for guilt free snacking. When I don’t have zucchini chips, I fill the bag with some healthy nuts.
The recipe is pretty simple. Baking time takes long though. It’s important to bake the zucchinis in low heat for long time.
– Preheat oven to 230 degrees F.
– Place parchment paper on baking tray.
– Thinly slice the zucchini on a mandoline slicer. I sliced them at 2.5mm pieces. (See the end of the post for the mandoline slicer I use)
– Place the slices on a paper towel and press on them with another piece of paper towel to draw out the liquid.
– Line up the slices on the parchment paper.
– Brush some olive oil on each of the slices with a small pastry brush.
– Sprinkle little salt over the slices. Make sure you don’t sprinkle too much salt. Since the slices will shrink significantly while baking, use very little salt.
– Place in the oven for around 2 hours (until crispy).
Voila! Enjoy them throughout the day.
These are affiliate links which means I get commissions for the purchases made through these links, at no extra cost to the reader. I only recommend products that I truly believe in.
Below is the mandoline slicer I use. It’s very versatile and practical. Easy to create even pieces, whether slices or julienne.
Other products I used for this recipe: